Monday, July 8, 2024

July 8th 2024

Dear Diary,

I'm sure most of you know this already, but I love horror. I also love absurdist media. Absurdist horror is some of my favorite horror. One short film stuck out to me in all my years of being a horror media enjoyer. That short film is Possibly in Michigan.

Let's go back to September 2019, I had just started coming up with a bunch of my OCs a month prior, this was supposed to be the month of the Area 51 raid (yeah, remember that?) Covid hadn't hit yet, This was the month my gender identity issues truly began, but I wouldn't start using she/her pronouns until September of 2020, I was in 8th grade, I was in band (I didn't like it), My main hyperfixations were Nuclear Throne, Homestuck, and of course... my ocs. I had a small crush on a girl I sat with in English class, whom I was okay friends with but I didn't really speak to her much outside of school and in school I would speak to her maybe once or twice in class. I don't remember the exact date, but for some reason I want to say it was September 6th 2019 (coincidentally enough, I would come out as trans on this date a year later.) A friend of mine had sent me a link to a video called Possibly in Michigan and told me to "watch it but make sure no one is around when you do"  

So I did... It was, very bizarre. I was really into the intro song, Animal Cannibal. I had a hard time believing something like this was made in 1983 at first, because of how bizarre and absurd it was. 13 year old me couldn't comprehend something like this being made in the 80s. Sure enough, it was. I had a small obsession with Possibly in Michigan for the rest of the month. 

I watched it again, almost 5 years later... my thoughts are the same. It's strange but also a really interesting concept. I highly recommend it, but be careful who you watch it with... it's certainly something :)

Song of the Day: Buckshot Princess - Animal Cannibal 🐰

This is a cover of the song, and not the original. Since it's on Spotify, I selected this cover in particular for song of the day so that I can easily put it in the playlist.

days!!!

MEDIA LOG - JULY 8TH:

267. Possibly in Michigan (1983) 🎥

268. Beneath the Skin (1981) 🎥

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 1st 2024

Dear Diary, Today is Jimmy Carter's 100th Birthday! Meaning that Jimmy Carter, the 38th President of the United States of America, is th...