Thursday, September 26, 2024

September 26th 2024

Dear Diary,

I have no idea how to keep up this whole word quota thing. I'm trying! I like to write a lot, but not when I'm sleepy and recovering from illness like this. Good news! I didn't have to go in for surgery, that's awesome isn't it? I'm still recovering, though. Why do I have to do this every day? It's not like I have to, I just do this to myself. I don't get sick days. I mean, technically I do, but then I have to catch up after like a week or so of not writing anything for my silly lil blog. Sigh. Such is the life of internet bunnymoth Eleanor Rubicunda. Oh yeah, some rando asked me what a "transfem bunnymoth" is because of my Instagram bio. I think it's self explanatory. I'm transfem, and I'm a rabbit/moth hybrid created in a lab by a pink hair and pronouns lesbian who listens to They Might Be Giants. More like gay might be giants am I right. 

I can barely even pay attention in my classes after everything, my head is just spinning after everything that happened. PTSD maybe? I doubt I can get PTSD from being sick for a week, no matter how bad it is. I was screaming in pain for hours on end, but I don't think it's something that can like give me PTSD or something? I'm still trying to catch up on these silly lil blog posts. I'm good at keeping up with the song of the day thing. Ya girl is a stupid music enjoyer. I finally listened to Good For Your Soul after I was recommended it at prom by one of my dad's students. I like Oingo Boingo, Dead Man's Party is one of my favorite albums of all time, but I only listened to like two of their albums before today.

Dead Man's Party is so peak. Actually one of the greatest albums of all time. Definitely my favorite album of the 1980s. Cardiacs' A Little Man and A House and the Whole World Window is another great album from the 80s. R.E.S, Dive, A Little Man and a House, In a City Lining, Victory Egg. I don't know how I went from Oingo Boingo to Cardiacs. Both are great bands that make my ADHD go crazy! Well, my favorite songs from Dead Man's Party... All of them! Just Another Day is incredible, Dead Man's Party, the title track is iconic, Heard Somebody Cry is pretty awesome, No One Lives Forever was one of the songs that made me fall in love with Boingo, as well as Weird Science, I still need to watch the Weird Science movie actually. My mom was obsessed with it. Hell yeah!!! I wonder if my mom liked Oingo Boingo as a kid too, I never thought to ask. I think she liked DEVO though. DEVO and Oingo Boingo go hand in hand if you ask me. Although most people just no Whip It, they have so many more bangers than just Whip It.

The question, "Is DEVO a one-hit wonder?" I would say absolutely not. Their debut album Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! is a classic album, maybe not as iconic in the mainstream, but if we're talking new wave and such, it's absolutely iconic. I love new wave. You ever listen to Elvis Costello? I love This Year's Model so much. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO CHELSEA!!! Talking Heads is another one. I can't stop thinking about how Re-Animator had a Talking Heads poster in a sex scene as if people who listen to new wave have sex. Imagine a new wave sex playlist, that would go insane. I don't know... imagine being conceived to DEVO. 

Imagine being conceived to Duran Duran. I haven't listened to Duran Duran much. The Police? Ewwww I hate The Police, except for Roxanne but only because of Remedial Chaos Theory. Just so you know Jeff you're now creating six different timelines. Not the best Community episode, but holy shit Remedial Chaos Theory is so peak. Season 2 is probably the best season of Community, in my opinion. Aerodynamics of Gender through Abed's Uncontrollable Christmas is a five episode run that I don't think can be beaten. Most of those episodes are really good because Abed is an amazing character. However, the best Community Episode in my opinion is... Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design! Troy and Abed build a massive blanket fort throughout the school, also the Latvian independence bit is funny because the episode actually did air on Latvian Independence Day. Although all of that stuff isn't why Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design is my favorite Community episode, I think it's something that needs to be experienced blind rather than some dumb 18 year old trans girl explaining why she thinks it's the best episode of television of all time. Everything about is so perfect I know how to explain it I just don't want to explain it because it needs to be experienced with no knowledge other than the blanket fort it's a silly little b-plot. Aerodynamics of Gender is really funny too, "It's going to be a maze" and Mixology Certification HE IS JUST LIKE ME FRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I actually do have a hard time telling when someone is hitting on me, that's why I thought Jordi just wanted to be friends at first. 

I had a crush on another girl in the same class. Honestly, I don't even really think I had a crush on her, more like I just wanted to be friends with her again after 8th grade. I may have had a crush on her in 8th grade??? I don't know, I was a bit of an asshole to her and I felt bad about it. I don't think I ever had a real crush on anyone who didn't like me first, when I really think about it. I wonder if I just always felt some kind of obligation to be interested in someone throughout my life. I don't think I'm aroace, definitely not. I love my girlfriend way too much, you've seen how much I poured my heart out over her on this very blog! I don't know, I just hope it isn't weird that I wanna be friends with a girl again even though I thought I had a crush on her and later realized that wasn't the case and I just feel bad for how I treated her. I don't lose sleep over the fact that I wasn't all that great in middle school, honestly who wasn't a pretty cringe dumbass in 8th grade, but she didn't deserve to be treated like that because she like genuinely wanted to be friends with me. I was used to people I wanted to be friends with using me and would be an asshole to me, but I feel like shit for doing it to someone else. 

Song of the Day: Oingo Boingo - Who Do You Want to Be ⭐

This song is insane in the best way!!

Media Log - September 26th:

354. Oingo Boingo - Good For Your Soul 💽


No comments:

Post a Comment

October 1st 2024

Dear Diary, Today is Jimmy Carter's 100th Birthday! Meaning that Jimmy Carter, the 38th President of the United States of America, is th...