Thursday, September 12, 2024

September 12th 2024

Dear Diary,

I went to my first ever actual concert today. Ludacris!!!! For my first ever concert, I would have to say it was a very enjoyable experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. My only complaint is that it was a bit uncomfortable standing out in the rain, but I guess it couldn't be helped. Not like the weather is gonna hold off for a Luda concert. Anyways, he certainly knows how to get a crowd hyped and entertained, not even just with his music, but the banter with the DJ as well as the audience at some points. It was a truly unforgettable experience and I would love to see Ludacris live again someday.  Yesterday was actually his birthday!! Happy birthday, Luda! I've always been a fan of many of his songs, but I wouldn't call myself a huge Ludacris fan. Word of Mouf is an album that I just love so much. "Roll Out (My Business)", "Growing Pains", "Move Bitch", "Area Codes", all great songs which he played. He even played some of his features like "Baby" by Justin Bieber (which was unexpected to me and really funny), "Break Your Heart" by Taio Cruz, "Holidae In" by Chingy, "Yeah" by Usher. He also had to shout out Fast & Furious, rightfully so, since he's made a lot of money off of those movies. He made a remark about wanting to know who the day 1 Ludacris fans are by playing his first ever single, "What's Your Fantasy?" To be honest, the only Ludacris album I've heard in its entirety is Word of Mouf, but I've been interested in checking out more of his work, I just never knew what to listen to after Word of Mouf, but I think I'm gonna binge his entire discography now because that concert was awesome, and so hype too. Not that I have any other concert experiences to compare it to. I have two more concerts I have to go to for my music class but those will be at the school and probably not artists I'm familiar with like how I am familiar with Ludacris. The DJ, I believe his name was DJ Infamous but I don't remember, was also playing some interesting songs I wasn't expecting. DMX's classics "Party Up" and "Ruff Ryder's Anthem", at one point Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" what???? Since my friend asked, Luda didn't bring out the giant prosthetic arms though unfortunately. He did bring them out for the first pitch at the Atlanta Braves game the other day, which is cool. I've been to a couple Braves games but never any with celebrities throwing out the first pitch. I'm getting off track, aren't I? Overall, I have to say that I am very happy that this got to be my first concert experience, and I really can't wait to go to another one as soon as possible.



At first I wanted to go to the Weezer, Flaming Lips, and Dinosaur Jr. concert in Nashville on the 17th, all bands I'm a fan of, but that wouldn't be all that feasible given the fact that it's gonna be on a weekday, and the King Gizzard one on August 31st was the same day as my date and I didn't wanna ditch my girlfriend for Gizz. They play in Nashville a lot, I'll get a chance again soon.

I definitely want to go to another concert again soon, I know I have two more I have to go to for homework but I mean like a concert for an artist I actually know beforehand, I'm into like orchestral and classical and traditional music like that but that's not the kinda stuff I have an interest in hearing live, y'know? I'd love to see Ween or They Might Be Giants live. Ween is on an indefinite hiatus, so I don't know if I'll ever get that chance, but I hope I do. They Might Be Giants has played in my city before, but not since 2013. Here's to hoping. They played Nashville recently though, please come back I'll do anything...  I need to hear Birdhouse in Your Soul and The Statue Got Me High live...

Song of the Day: Ludacris - Move Bitch ⚡

My mom doesn't know who Ludacris is but she loves this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 1st 2024

Dear Diary, Today is Jimmy Carter's 100th Birthday! Meaning that Jimmy Carter, the 38th President of the United States of America, is th...