Friday, September 11, 2026

Is it only a tragedy when it happens to us?

September 11th 2026

Today is the 25th anniversary of the 9/11 Terrorist attacks. Obviously, the events that unfolded on that day were a tragedy. I don't want what I'm saying to be taken the wrong way, but I see a lot of people get upset when people make light of what happened, and I do understand and sympathize with this perspective. However, I don't think people understand why this is so common. It's not just "oh they weren't alive to understand how shocking it was" but a bit more complex. I disagree with the sentiment that America "deserved 9/11," but the people who clutch pearls whenever someone makes jokes about it will often defend the atrocities America committed that killed just as many people, sometimes more. Like how the fallout of the attacks led to over 1 million dead in Iraq.

I was born in 2006, I do  not know what the months after 9/11 were truly like firsthand. I do know, however, that people like to say this country had united in a awy never seen before or since. I disagree. I've seen the way Muslims, Sikhs, or in fact any brown people for that matter were treated those supposedly "united" months. Many were victims of horrific hate crimes. 9/11 was a horrible tragedy, yes, but the way Americans have responded to it and treated each other because of it is also just as tragic. It's still being seen today with the outrage over NYC electing a Muslim mayor. A man who was 9 when the towers fell. Acting like he hasn't had a positive impact on the city in the months he's been in office. 

I dunno, I've talked about this time and time again, I don't have much more to say about this. Goodnight.

Much Love!!
Nora Meadow <3

Song of the Day: Paul McCartney - Coming Up
John Lennon once mentioned hearing this song on the radio not too long before he died I can't remember exactly what he had to say about it but I remember it being pretty funny. 
6 days until Fortune's Weave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like the beatles

October 2nd 2026 Day 1 of this weird fall break I'm going through Not much to say, I just listened to The Beatles all day because I like...