Monday, December 4, 2023

December 4th 2023

WHAT AN AMAZING WAY TO START MY MORNING!

So a legendary internet user from New Zealand by the name of "damn peggy" (nice JPEGMAFIA reference! ^_^) put a decade long internet mystery to rest. Thanks to a $300 bounty put up by another YouTuber from Australia by the name of Nbduckman, and damn peggy found the song IN UNDER 24 HOURS! One that I myself have been very interested in for a long time, but admittedly not all that motivated to participate in much. This find was incredible though. So the Filthy Frank "Kenya Dance" song (Which is actually a Ugandan gospel song, by the way.) was uncovered yesterday. I myself found out at 5:12 AM this morning. I had dreamed of this happening for years now. I'll just get to the point, the song is "Katonda Ali Nawe" by David SonJC. Which I just found out translates to "God Is With You"

While I myself am in a bit of a weird spot when it comes to my religious beliefs, I can't deny how beautiful that is. The song is so good too! Just pure positivity. Puts me in such a good mood! 

My unsuccessful search for this song two years ago has actually sparked an interest in African music for me, There's so much good obscure music from Africa. 

I've always had a small fondness for African music, but this elevated my interest in it. I know that sounds weird considering I'm a white kid from the suburbs in the US, but I find African culture and music so beautiful, y'know?

Here's a youtube comment explaining this find's importance to me:

"Words cannot express how much this means to me. But I’ll try my best. I’ve been trying to find this one for years now. I remember the day before I started my sophomore year of high school in like 2021 I spent a whole day searching archives of African ringtone websites for it to no avail, I assumed it would be a song made for a ringtone since the 5 second snippet was all we had. I also went down a whole rabbit hole of Christian African music, which is all super good." 

I wrote this having just woke up and still in a daze as well as shocked that the song was even found, so yeah. 

Goodnight everyone! Check out nbduckman's video!


Song of the Day: David SonJC - Katonda Ali Nawe

It's beautiful... It's so beautiful... It's everything I hoped it would be. Thank you Joji, Damn Peggy, Justin Whang, and Nbduckman for making sure this beautiful piece of music isn't washed away in the pool of obscurity. and thank you, David SonJC, for creating said beautiful piece of music.

180 days until ya girl is 18!



No comments:

Post a Comment

October 1st 2024

Dear Diary, Today is Jimmy Carter's 100th Birthday! Meaning that Jimmy Carter, the 38th President of the United States of America, is th...