Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 20, 2023

Time flies by fast, don't it? (July 20th 2023)

 I'm gonna be a senior in a few days, crazy! 

I am very excited and hopeful for college. I'm excited to live my life, and nobody else's. 

I've always been a firm believer in the idea that you should live the life you choose to live, and that you should be in charge of your own destiny.

While for some people, that can be unrealistic. Hell, I've been having a crisis over it myself recently, I think anyone can do anything if they put their mind to it.

Sure, life can be a bleak depressing shitfest. But does it have to be? I don't think so! 

Sure, there are some things in life that are out of our control. But I think anyone has it in them to take on just about anything. With some obvious exceptions, of course.

I understand that the world isn't a perfect fantasyland utopia like I thought it was as a kid. There's a lot of terrible things in the world and life can be pretty fucked up sometimes.

I understand that I don't know what it's like to suffer on the level that other people have, and that there are people living in terrible circumstances they have no way of controlling. But I dream of a world where no one has to live like that. 

I know it's a childish and unrealistic dream of mine, but I'm not gonna give up hope. I want to see the world become the place my younger self dreamed of. I'm just a regular everyday person and I doubt I'll ever be able to make a major positive impact on the world as a whole, if I can make at least make a positive difference in the lives of a small portion of the world's population I'll be satisfied. 

But I understand, world peace is unobtainable. 


Song of the Day: The Presidents of the United States of America - Dune Buggy

My dad introduced me to this band when I was 4 years old and that's how my music taste as we know it today began.

19 days until ya girl goes back to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CELTICS WON! (June 17th 2024)

Dear Diary, THE CELTICS, THE GREATEST TEAM IN AMERICA WON THE FUCKING FINALS BITCHESSS FIRST TIME SINCE 2008. AND THEY HAVE THE MOST CHAMPIO...