Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Day 200! + Shoutout to Ween (July 19th 2023)

 Alright, as you may have noticed. I've changed the formatting of the titles of all my blog posts. I don't know, I just prefer this personally. 

I've been doing this for 200 days now, even though I started it on LiveJournal, moved to DeviantArt (ew) and eventually settled on BlogSpot, I've been doing this for 200 days now. I started on January 1st 2023 and while I have missed a few days, I've made up for the days I've missed every time so I have a blog post for every day this year, no gaps whatsoever!

I've also been doing the song of the day thing everyday, the thing about that is even if I missed a day of the blog, I've chosen a song for every day this year without fail thus far! Music is really my thing, y'know?

Speaking of music, today is the 3 year anniversary of my introduction to a band that would have a major impact on me.

That band is of course none other than the Pennsylvania-based alternative rock aka psychedelic rock aka r&b aka country aka sea shanty aka heavy metal aka shoegaze aka nu metal aka conscious hip hop aka breakcore aka french house aka pirate metal aka classical aka drum and bass aka mongolian throat singing aka k-pop  band, Ween!

I was first introduced to Ween through their album Chocolate & Cheese which has.... a few of those genres I listed as well as some I didn't. Guess you gotta listen to it for yourself to find out which ones!

Well, of course I heard Ocean Man through memes, but that doesn't count!

Of course, I liked it. But right away I wasn't obsessed with them as I would be later down the line.

That came when I listened to their 2003 album Quebec in August 2020 and that was when I heard it.

The song that made me fall in love with Ween.

The sixth track on the album, Tried and True. 

So you see, that's where the trouble began.

That song. That damned song.

Of course, I had heard other Ween songs I fell in love with before this.

"Take Me Away" "Spinal Meningitis" "Freedom of 76" "Roses Are Free" "What Deaner Was Talking About" "Mutilated Lips" "Cold Blows The Wind" "Buckingham Green" "Ocean Man" "She Wanted to Leave"

and I had even heard some I fell in love with before this. The first 5 tracks were also pretty great too and still among some of my favorite Ween songs. However, it was this fifth track that got me hooked. While I didn't listen to anything beyond Chocolate & Cheese, The Mollusk, and Quebec for a while, I was obsessed with Quebec. It was the perfect album to me. I had never heard anything as fantastic as this. 

in September I listened to Pure Guava and White Pepper, I went through a brief Pure Guava phase, "Little Birdy" "The Stallion Pt. 3" "Big Jilm" "The Goin Gets Tough From the Getgo" "Don't Get 2 Close 2 My Fantasy" However, I wasn't as into it as I was Quebec. The rest of the album didn't exist to me. Just those 5 songs. I know it might surprise some of you who knew me in 2021 that I didn't like "Push th' Little Daisies" during my first listen, but I didn't. As you know, it certainly grew on me.

In November 2020 I listened to GodWeenSatan, well half of it. I stopped halfway through and didn't try to listen to the whole album again until January 2021.

Oh yeah, let's talk about January 2021.

This is when I wasn't just obsessed with one Ween album in particular at a time. No, I was obsessed with their whole discography. I listened to the other albums I hadn't up to this point and I would listen to Ween pretty much constantly, and instead of it being one album it was a selection of my favorite songs from all of them! Including but not limited to!!!!

Tick

I'm In The Mood to Move

Don't Laugh I Love You

Up on the Hill

Wayne's Pet Youngin

Nicole

El Camino

Nan

Mushroom Festival in Hell

Lmlyp

Birthday Boy

Marble Tulip Juicy Tree

Dr. Rock

Right to the Ways and the Rules of the World

Captain Fantasy

Demon Sweat

Molly

Awesome Sound

Mononucleosis

Oh My Dear

Sketches of Winkle

She Fucks Me

Little Birdy

The Stallion Part 3

Big Jilm

Push th Little Daisies

The Goin Gets Tough From The Getgo

Sarah

Springtheme

Flies on My Dick

Don't Get 2 Close 2 My Fantasy

Poop Ship Destroyer

Take Me Away

Spinal Meningitis

Freedom of 76

Roses Are Free

Voodoo Lady

Joppa Road

Buenas Tardes Amigo

What Deaner Was Talkin About

Don't Shit Where You Eat

Japanese Cowboy

Piss Up a Rope

I Don't Wanna Leave You on the Farm

You Were the Fool

Polka Dot Tail

Mutilated Lips

The Golden Eel

Cold Blows the Wind

Buckingham Green

She Wanted to Leave

Exactly Where I'm At

Even if You Don't

Bananas and Blow

Ice Castles

Back to Basom

Stay Forever

Falling Out

It's Gonna Be a Long Night

Zoloft

Transdermal Celebration

Among His Tribe

So Many People in the Neighborhood

Tried and True

Happy Colored Marbles

I Don't Want It

The Argus

If You Could Save Yourself

I Fell in Love Today

Gabrielle

Monique the Freak

Object

With My Own Bare Hands

Lullaby

Woman and Man


That's... a lot! If you can't tell. I was really big into Ween. Still am, not as much as I once was. However, revisiting their catalog for this post has brought back my hyperfixation.

Push th Little Daisies was a song I was hugely obsessed with in early 2021. I would annoy everyone I knew with it.

Lemme do that Sporcle quiz where you name all the Ween studio album songs real quick. Show ya my skillzzzz (even tho it should be easy, I just named at least half of their discography for this post)

Yeah, some of the song titles are altered in the quiz, but the original song titles give you the answers of course. You just can't say fuck on Sporcle.

HAIL BOOGNISH!



Song of the Day: Ween - Freedom of '76

96 days since the last time I selected a Ween song for song of the day.

20 days until ya girl goes back to school!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CELTICS WON! (June 17th 2024)

Dear Diary, THE CELTICS, THE GREATEST TEAM IN AMERICA WON THE FUCKING FINALS BITCHESSS FIRST TIME SINCE 2008. AND THEY HAVE THE MOST CHAMPIO...