Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 14, 2023

ERM WHAT THE NORMA (August 14th 2023)

 Alright, so get this.

There's a character in this game called VA-11 Hall-A 

Her name is Norma, similar to Nora.

She's 17. Like me.

AND SHE EVEN LOOKS LIKE ME?!

Also idk what a fluffy dream is but it sounds mecore. 


I guess I should play this game, huh?



SOOOOOOOO Today's school day. Here's the rundown.

Art

I drew a shoe, a dinosaur, and a box of cereal. No you can't see. They're all pretty terrible. I'm not too proud of my art.

Statistics

I missed a bit of the class because I went to the library to get my Chromebook and I still don't have a damn charger! 

English

Here's where things get interesting. Ya girl had to write a bit! I'm gonna share my responses to bellringers here because I feel like they're nice additions to my blog

Bellringer - "Why does it matter what was occurring in the world when a text was written?"

There are multiple examples I could use here, but one in particular that comes to mind is Arthur Miller's 1953 play "The Crucible"

The book is obviously based on the real life events of the Salem Witch Trials of the 1690s, but it wasn’t written back then, of course.

So why is the time period of when it was written important? 

In 1953, we had just gotten out of World War II not even a decade ago. With Germany as a threat being eliminated, a new threat was on the horizon. The Soviet Union. Communism. 

The fear around Communism was called "The Red Scare" and things were, blown out of proportion to say the least. Especially by one man named Joseph McCarthy.

McCarthy was a Republican Senator for the state of Wisconsin, notable for his anti-Communist efforts.

How would he go about fighting Communism, you ask? He accused several politicians, actors, government officials, and many others of being Soviet spies, ruining their careers. His influence allowed him to accuse whoever he wanted and ruin their life in seconds.

Sound familiar?

Reflection - "Why is SOAPSTone a good tool to use to analyze a text?"

SOAPSTone is a good tool for analyzing writing because it answers every important question about a work easily and efficiently. While it may be a surface level analysis of a work, it's about as detailed as surface level goes, if that makes sense.

Economics

We watched Crash Course videos, I LOVE Crash Course! They explain stuff in such an easy and simple way that helps my ADHD brain understand

Non-School Stuff

I'm close to beating Kirby Super Star!

I trolled Reddit with this picture. 



I posted this to r/Paranormal.
"Anyone remember The Greensons?

I swear this is how I remember them. But everyone tells me I’m crazy. Everyone says they were always The Simpsons. I know what I used to watch. It was The Greensons. What happened? Does anyone else remember?"






I managed to get a few funny responses from people thinking I was being serious, but I imagine most people realized I was trolling. A lot of people on Reddit seem to not understand sarcasm which is like, okay I guess. Some of the comments I got were pretty funny, I liked the comments I got even though I downvoted them to stay in character. I thought this was my funniest Reddit trolling effort yet, even though it isn't very funny. It was a dumb idea.


Also I changed the name on one of my many alts to haruforeheadfucker1738 and I think that username is really funny and I've been losing my shit over it all day today, I don't know why.

I've only played 5 minutes of Persona 5...

Song of the Day: The Space Lady - Ghost Riders in the Sky

Her music is very good to fall asleep to, highly recommend.

292 days until ya girl is 18!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CELTICS WON! (June 17th 2024)

Dear Diary, THE CELTICS, THE GREATEST TEAM IN AMERICA WON THE FUCKING FINALS BITCHESSS FIRST TIME SINCE 2008. AND THEY HAVE THE MOST CHAMPIO...